HOST FAMILY INFO!!



Last week we were told that we would be getting our host family information Monday (June 16th) so I was pretty restless all day. I had a half day of school and came home all ready for my host family info, but when I checked my email there was nothing. Some people had gotten theirs already, and we figured out it was probably going in alphabetical order [meaning I was going to get mine much later haha]. When I finally got my info, I was soooo excited! So I can't reveal too many specifics because of privacy, but I will tell you as much as I feel I should.

I will be living in the mid-north part of Seoul near where Korea University and Daeil Foreign Language High School are, both prestigious schools. I'm pretty close to Dongdaemun and Myeongdong which are popular areas so that's exciting~

I have a mother, father, and little brother, and I am SOOO EXCITED about my family. My parents are fairly young and my brother is younger than me. I've always been the younger sibling [I have an older sister] so it'll be fun to be the older sister now. My mother is an English teacher, and though I will try to speak as much Korean as I can in order to learn and improve, I'm kind of  happy because I think she'll be a HUGE help in my studies. She'll be able to explain things to me if I don't understand and such, so that's a big plus!

I have already talked to my host mother via email and she seems so sweet! I emailed her yesterday when I got my info, and she replied pretty quickly. I emailed her mostly in Korean with a little bit of English just to say that my Korean isn't very good so I'm sorry if I made any mistakes. I introduced myself and said how thankful I was and excited, and her reply made me really happy. First, she replied in Korean, despite knowing English, so I was glad that I think she got the hint that I want to use Korean. She told me that my host brother really wants to meet me quickly [which I find adorable!]. She also was surprised by my Korean and told me that the whole family is waiting for me to arrive.

Everyone seems to have great host families and we're all pretty eager to meet them haha.


 image
Scenic Walk at Mt.Gaeunsan
Anyway, the next time I post will probably just be a quick post right before I leave for PDO. I've started talking to some more people going on the program which is probably good haha. Oh! And two other girls live in the same dong as me so we'll probably commute together for most of the way, and they both seem really nice~


I'm done school [basically] so now I just have to pack and buy host family gifts and do some last minute shopping :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
★Don't forget you can subscribe to my blog by email! Just simple enter your email in the bar on the side where it says "Follow Me By Email." You'll get an email every time I post~

★If you have any questions about NSLI-Y, my trip, or anything at all- send me a message where it says "Questions? Ask Me Here" which is on the side as well. I promise I'll answer! 


Currently Playing: 이상하다 (Acoustic Version) by 박효신


Comments

Popular Posts