What's In My Purse/Backpack? (Korea Edition)

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor
This is the backpack I carried in Korea
In Korea I ALWAYS had either a backpack or purse with me, and there were certain items that I ALWAYS had in those bags. This is just going to be a short post of things I found necessary and/or helpful to have with me while going around Seoul or going to school during NSLI-Y.

In My Backpack: 
  •  Books: Kind of a given, but I always had my books (on school days). We had four books from Sogang, and I also carried two small notebooks and a folder I used for class and notes! 
  • Pencil Case: Korea has some super cute stationary and pens 
  • Planner: I use this adorable little planner (can be found in Korean stores) to keep track of my daily schedule and week/month/year/etc...
  • Program Phone: You get a program phone, which should be with you at all times
  • Personal Phone: I brought my Galaxy to use off wifi and for a camera (many people did too); it didn't have any data
  • T-Money Card: Subway card. Carried that everywhere and kept it in my phone case (I had one of those wallet phone cases in Korea which was very convenient)
  • Wallet: Contained my money, debit card, and ID
  • Sunglasses&Glasses
  • Sunscreen: Bought this in Korea and loved it! I use the Tony Moly My Sunny All Sun Spray and Perfecting Sunblock (SPF 50+ PA+++). It was on sale (bought the two together in cute packaging) for cheap!
  • Facial Mist: Before going to Korea I used the Tony Moly Pocket Bunny Spray. Now I use the Innisfree Green Tea Mineral Mist which I looove 10x more! (Shoutout to my supporter for the gift!)
  • Wet Wipes: You may not always have napkins, hand sanitizer, or access to a sink when your hands are dirty, so I always carried wet wipes to clean my hands or something.
  • Cosmetics: Powder and lip tint (P.S. It's totally normal to do makeup on subway, I saw so many girls doing theirs while riding)
  • Hair Oils: The humidity is no joke in Korea... These kept my hair nice and NOT frizzy haha. I had two different kinds, but they both were OGX. 
  • Umbrella: If the weather called for rain that day I'd bring an umbrella in my bag. This will be very helpful during monsoon season.
  • Fan: VERY important haha. These hand fans will save you in the hot Korean weather, so save the ones people hand you on the street!
  • Water bottle: My family would give me water bottles and snacks to take with me- it's important to stay hydrated in the hot summer weather! 
  • Perfume
  • Headphones
  • Charging cord

In My Purse: 
This is what I would carry on days I was not going to school, although I did carry my backpack the majority of the time. Some items overlap, but I guess these could be considered my "essentials." I prefer to carry large purses because I am the type of person that carries everything in their purse "just in case."
  • Personal Phone & Program Phone: My wallet phone case also held my debit card, t-money card, and little bit of cash (in place of actual wallet when carrying a purse)
  • T-Money Card
  • 3 Pens & Pencil: I'd just carry a few pens/pencils in case I needed to write something down (one black, one blue, and one some other color)
  • Very Small Notebook: Also in case I needed to write something down
  • Glasses
  • BB Cushion & Lip Tint: Also, sometimes a travel size face mist
  • Fan
  • Wipes & Napkins & Hand Sanitizer 
  • Headphone/Earphone: I always listened to music during my commute (but make sure you are always aware of your surroundings!)
  • Comb: Again, the humidity can be bad so this is to keep the hair under control

Image may contain: one or more people, people walking, people standing and outdoor
My backpack went everywhere with me


Comments

Popular Posts