몹시 초콜릿 케이크 (Mobssie in Hongdae)

I usually make posts that list of cafe or restaurants in a specific area, but those are honestly such a drag to write and format sometimes. So, different than my usual cafe posts, this post will be all about the wonderful cafe in Hongdae called Mobssie (몹시). The place is very well-known to Koreans for their delicious chocolate cake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friends and I set out to Hongdae after class one day to eat chocolate cake, and it turned out to be quite an adventure. My friend, who is a big fan of sweets, had done research and found a cafe with delicious, well-known chocolate cake so we went to find it. After about an hour of searching in this area of Hongdae, we asked a worker at a cafe near this supposed cafe... only to find out they had moved. Quite a disappointing moment. We were craving chocolate cake at this point, so we sat in a cafe searching for other chocolate cake places, before we got kicked out of a cafe for just sitting there using their wifi haha. After searching, we found a place called Mobssie not too far away from where we were.

Mobssie is hard to miss if you're walking down the street because of its bright blue color. The design of the building is cute, too. So when we passed by Mobssie and saw the words"chocolate cake" you know we rushed in there haha.





When we walked upstairs, the place was quite busy. After being seated, we took a good look at the menu. We knew we wanted chocolate cake, but there was quite a variety of options we weren't sure what exactly to get. The workers at the cafe were extremely pleasant, patient with our indecisiveness and helpful with recommendations. I had recently learned in class how to ask for recommendations, so you know I put those skills into use. (Off topic, but thank you Sogang! So many times I found myself applying the classroom lessons to actual scenarios I faced in Seoul. Whenever that would happen, I felt excited and proud. Those moments reminded me why I was in Korea- to improve my Korean- and how beneficial/effective the intensive immersive program was! Not only could I understand what the waiter was saying to me, but I also was confident enough to converse in Korean.) After talking to the waiter, all three of us ended up ordering the same thing- 바로구운 초콜릿 케이크, what Mobssie is best known for. You have the choice of getting regular or plus.


The cake is served in a cute little mug, but be careful because it is VERY hot! The waiter brought our three cakes out and continuously warned us to not touch the mug because we could get burned. He probably told us about 5 times and made sure I translated the message to my other friends before leaving us. There is also a thing with water and cups, so before digging in to this chocolate cake, I definitely needed to have some water ready.

The cake itself is also warm, but that is partly what makes it so delicious! It is topped with confectioners sugar and a piece of chocolate, but once you dig in there is warm, gooey, melted chocolate. If that doesn't make you want to go to Mobssie right this second then something is wrong with you. Just writing this post and looking at these pictures are making me hungry for some chocolate cake, and I don't even eat chocolate very often.



 Above is a picture of the inside of the cake. DOESN'T THAT LOOK DELICIOUS?? I am seriously craving some chocolate cake right now...

Overall, the disappointment we felt upon learning that the chocolate cake cafe we originally planned on going to moved was instantly gone when we bit into our chocolate cake at Mobssie. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for some good chocolate sweets. Of course they serve other desserts and drinks, but they are most known for their chocolate cake so why not try it if you go? At Mobssie, the place was cute, the food was delicious, and the workers were kind and helpful... What more could you ask for?




Now Playing: Milk Tea- 초콜렛군 오렌지양 

Comments

Popular Posts