남산타워 (Namsan Tower) & The 끝말잇기 Game

I'm sure going to 남산타워 is on most of your bucket lists, and I was fortunate enough to have gone! I went one weekend with my host family, and it was a really cool day with them. Here is another post about a place I went in Korea that hopefully gives you an idea of a place to go as well! ^^

We took a taxi to the area of Namsan Tower then got off and took this outdoor elevator called the oreumi.
"Namsan Oreumi is a free outdoor elevator that runs between the plaza in front of the Namsan Tunnel #3 Commemorative Plaza and the Namsan cable car platform. This inclined elevator covers a distance of 140m and can accommodate up to 20 passengers. With glass on all sides, the Namsan Oreumi offers a unique and convenient way to get to the cable car station."



After we got off of the oreumi, we walked around up there and went to eat before going up to the tower. My family says you always eat bibimbap when you go to Namsan Tower (there is another food too but I forget what it is), so we went to a restaurant and had bibimbap and bingsoo!
There are a lot of different restaurants I saw when we were riding the bus up through the mountain, so there are lots of places you can eat before going up.

The bibimbap (I don't have a pic of the bingsoo ><)
The restaurant we went to


Area outside of the restaurant- really pretty!
After eating, we walked around some then took a bus up the mountain more (I think we took the bus after eating? Haha I forget but I think so!). My family is super cute.. We were all playing this game while walking up the mountain and waiting for the bus. It's called the 끝말잇기 game, and I'll explain it at the bottom/end of this post!
After eating we took this bus that went more up the mountain and we rode it as far as it went.


When we got off the bus, we walked up this hill for a while. It was a nice walk with a nice view of Seoul through the trees, and eventually we got to the area where the base of the tower is! The area is really pretty and there are lots of people walking around. There are different things going on around there like people painting caricatures, tourists taking pictures, people sitting on benches reading, etc...



Once you get to this area, you can go into the stores and buy locks, eat at little cafes(?), or go up onto the deck where you do the locks and see the pretty view of Seoul! There are seriously soooo many locks, some rusty and some new. As you can figure, there are a LOT of couples... lots of couples with their matching clothes taking pictures with their love locks haha. But I went up with my host father and walked around looking at the views. It was really pretty and nice to just look at from up so high. I took a good amount of pictures, but I accidentally deleted my videos so here are just some pictures :)








It was a little foggy the day we went from up there, but it still looks really nice and beautiful! I don't think pictures can quite capture how it feels to be up there looking out of the amazing city..


 



 I hope this blog post was alright... I might edit some things if I can think of anything, but I think there isn't that much to say, it's more just pictures that show you what it's like to be at Namsan Tower. I think you should go during the day and night... though I didn't go during the night, I plan to when I go back! I was going to, but things didn't work out... so I DEFINITELY will go at night next time! So grateful my family took me here and I got to spend a fun day with them at such a cool place. Also, eating bingsoo with my family is always fun hahaha.




So.. here is my attempt at explaining the game I mentioned earlier that my family and I played together while walking up Namsan Mountain. I'm really bad at explaining things so hopefully this makes sense and sorry if it doesn't. It's called the 끝말잇기 game, and you may have played something similar to this before in a different language. We obviously played in Korean and I think it was a great way to learn more vocabulary! I obviously don't have the same vocabulary as my host family who is Korean, so they helped me a lot and I think I learned a lot of new words just playing this game with them. 

THE 끝말잇기 GAME: The first person starts by saying a word. Whatever their word ends with, the next person has to say a word that starts with that. Once they say theirs, the next person has to do the same thing. If you can't think of a word that starts with the ending of the previous person's word, you're out. You go until there is just one person left! I'll give you an example if you're confused haha: 

Person 1: 
Person 2: 방
Person 3: 학교
Person 4: 교실
Person 1: 실....

Does that make sense? Hopefully it does, and hopefully you enjoyed this post! 

Family picture우리 가족

Comments

Popular Posts