청계천 (Cheonggyecheon)

So I will be posting various blog posts that are about different places or areas in Seoul that I really enjoyed going to... Hopefully they are helpful to you finalists and give you some ideas of where to go in Seoul!

This one will be about a stream that flows through downtown Seoul called the 청계천 (Cheonggyecheon).

The stream was restored a little over ten years ago to be what it is today, and it is a pretty popular place for friends and couples to just hangout and walk. I came here a few times and always enjoyed myself.. It's pretty relaxing and the atmosphere is nice.


I went "cheonggyecheoning" (as we called it) during the day and at night, which I suggest doing.

The first time I went it was right after class.. A group of us wanted to go so we set off on the subway after class. We ended up getting a little confused about the area and walked along this street with just hardware stores and stores that sold the most random things ever. We walked FOREVER before finding where to go.. It was an adventure, but that's part of the fun in getting sometimes lost! We ended up down by the 청계천 but it was full of plants.. So once we found a nicer area we hung out around there and took lots of pictures!



We all took turns taking pictures for each other on the rocks crossing the stream and doing various things. It was lots of fun and the pictures are so cute haha. I had a video but accidentally deleted it :(








Kevin bought all of us blue lemonade and cupcakes we enjoyed before going home! This was my first time at the Cheonggyecheon. Lots of fun so I had to go back again sometime!



I went again with just my friend Sandra (who I also went with the first time) later at night. I thought it was gorgeous at night and definitely recommend going then. The lights make it so nice, plus the performers! We grabbed some food to eat and headed down to the 청계천. This time we found a nicer area of the stream and sat down there with our food. We had tea, ddeokbokki, and some other stuff while sitting there. I think there were a lot more people at the 청계천 hanging out [or on dates because y'know, couples EVERYWHERE] when we went at night.




It really is a sight to see at night. This picture shows the pretty lights and performers, and you can see how many people there are. The stream runs pretty long, so there are pretty places to hang out all along it! Also, there are sometimes different events and festivals going on at the 청계천 so definitely check the schedule and see if there is anything cool going on down there. If there is, go! It's a really nice place that helps you relax. Sandra and I really enjoyed ourselves just talking and admiring how it looked.... and taking 952048 selcas, typical us.


I hope showing you a place I enjoyed and recommend going was helpful to you and made you want to go there too! Hehe. It really is pretty and somewhere I'd say you have to go. "Cheonggyecheonning" with my friends provided some really great memories and just let us hang out in a quieter environment still outside.

Also HEADS UP- there are not many places to find bingsoo near where were LOL. We went on a hunt for an hour looking for bingsoo.... places either were closed (despite what signs said) or they didn't have bingsoo. We finally found mango bingsoo and it wasn't what we were expecting, but running around Dongdaemun was definitely a memory haha.


There are multiple ways to get to parts of the 청계천, so I suggest searching those ways depending on where you are/want to go! I went there another time and then went to some of the Dongdaemun Markets, so just find where you want to go in that area, search it, then enjoy all the places around there!
 Hope these kinds of posts are okay :) It's more just pictures because there isn't much else to say besides GO!

Comments

Popular Posts