The iEARN Packet Has Arrived~

On April 12 I received something exciting in the mail- the NSLI-Y Korea summer packet from iEARN! I have been waiting for this since I got my finalist notification and now it has arrived!

I had the ACTs on Saturday so coming home to this was exciting.
The big packet included papers regarding the trip [some that needed to be signed/filled out and sent back], the  NSLI-Y Korea Student Handbook, a parent handbook, and a Korean for Beginners book! The envelope says that it cost over 5$ to send this to me... Wow! Haha~






So I've found the student handbook to be really interesting. There is a lot of good information in there that is very helpful for the trip. It includes program policies and guidelines, safety notes/tips, a pre-departure checklist, facts about the country of South Korea and Seoul, the Korean alphabet and common phrases, resources for Korean [music, books, movies, websites, etc...], a packing list, and more~~~~~~

I've looked through the Korean for Beginners book and I actually know most of what it's talking about [minus some grammar points because I've only self-studied with music/tv/friends]. It's pretty cool though so I'm going to use it to brush up on my Korean and work on my grammar~ There is a lot of vocabulary in it so I'll probably do a lot of vocab before I go~

That's pretty much all I have to say, but I'm so excited because this packet made this trip feel that much more real! I cannot wait!!

70 days until PDO and a few days after that we'll be off to Seoul, South Korea~~~~~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember you can follow my blog and get email updates every time I post! Simply enter your email address under FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL on the side and click submit ^^

P.S. I saw BAP on Sunday for the second time and wow, I'm pretty sure I love them even more now- it was sooo much fun

Currently playing: Lovesick by B.A.P








Comments

Popular Posts