FINALLY- The Wait Is [Officially] Over... GUESS WHERE I'M GOING!

YES, THAT IS RIGHT. I WILL BE GOING TO SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA THIS SUMMER.



I received an email on March 31st notifying me that I have been selected to receive the NSLI-Y scholarship! I literally was running around my house screaming [no one was home] after I read it. Someone had posted in the Facebook group that they had gotten their email, so I basically was just sitting on my iPad refreshing my email.... AFTER 5 TIMES MY EMAIL WAS THERE!!


So, I have been extremely eager to know whether or not I was going to be going to South Korea this summer, and now I finally know! I couldn't be more excited for this amazing opportunity!



I will be going to NYC for PDO [pre-departure orientation] literally a week after I end school. I end school June 17th [last day of finals so basically ends then], and then exactly one week later I will be in NYC getting ready to go to South Korea! [Stupid snow days extended my school year by 3 days..] This really doesn't leave me much time between the end of school and my trip, but I'll manage. I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to hang out with everyone before I leave haha~

We will be in NYC for 2 days, and on June 26th we're off to Seoul! There are 50 of us going to Seoul, South Korea with iEarn. It's actually a little different this year than in past years... Not ALL of the Korea summer finalists are going to Seoul- some people are going to Jeonju with American Councils, and that group leaves earlier&comes home earlier than us Seoul people. I'm really glad I'm going to Seoul, though I would loooove to go to Jeonju sometime because I have friends that live there and speak well of Jeonju~
I leave late June and will come back mid-August, basically most of my summer.

While in Korea, I will be living with a host family which I am SOOO excited about. I have hosted Korean exchange students before and they have become like real family, so I'm really looking forward to becoming part of another family. I'm glad I already know some Korean because it would be really difficult to know nothing and live with a family who doesn't know much English. I've already decided that I am going to really take advantage of the immersion experience and speak Korean as much as I can during the time I'm there.

Sogang University
The language classes we take are at Sogang University, and we will have class for about 4 hours a day, totaling to 20 hours per week and 120 for the duration. I AM SO EXCITED to take classes because I have self-studied Korean for years~

In the coming weeks, I'll receive more information about this whole trip [flight info, basic program details, host family info, etc..], and I will continue to update my blog as I receive it. [Not sure anyone reads my blog though haha].

I tried to keep this post short, but I can literally talk forever about this so it got longer than I had intended. ANYWAY, THE MAIN POINT OF THE POST IS I WILL BE GOING TO SOUTH KOREA THIS SUMMER TO STUDY KOREAN! I AM STOKED AND WILL UPDATE THIS BLOG CONTINUOUSLY~ 

p.s. If you love me, follow my blog. Just kidding~ If you're interested in this all, feel free to follow my blog by email- do so by entering your email address on the side, and you'll be notified each time I update. ALSO, if you have any questions about NSLI-Y, the process, etc.. feel free to ask me :) I will try to respond quickly!

Comments

Popular Posts